Java is a programming language.
A programming language is a tool for creating software that works on computers: excel, word, power point, photoshop, web browser, etc., and Java is one of the most widely used programming languages.
Java was developed in 1991 by James Gosling of Sun Microsystems.
The first Java was a language for developing operating systems in consumer electronics such as refrigerators and TVs, and should had the following characteristics:
- It should be platform-independent because of the variety of household appliances and manufacturers.
- Home appliances should be stable because rebooting is difficult, and dynamic memory allocation and collection should be done automatically.
- It should be able to download automatically from the network, and there should be no concept of pointers to prevent malicious code from penetrating this process.
has unveiled Java with the above features and put the motto “Write Once, Run Anywhere”. This was because Java was a code that could run equally well on all operating systems, which was a very economical and efficient feature.
Core technologies and components of Java
The core technologies of Java can be subdivided into groups as follows.
- Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition(Java SE)
- Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition(Java EE)
- Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition(Java ME)
- Java SE Advanced & Suite
- Java Embedded
- Java DB
- Java Card
- Java TV
Java is also an enormous language that encompasses a variety of components and technologies, including:
For a description of each component, see the following site.